Who is Eligible?
To receive a flu vaccination, you need to be in at least one of the following categories:
- All Patients 65 and over (normal criteria)
- Patients aged 18-65 in an at-risk group. These are: COPD, Asthma (if on 2 steroids), CHD, CKD, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s, MND, Learning difficulties, Diabetes, patients with weakened immune system, patients on cancer treatment, patients who are morbidly obese.
- Carers – registered or in receipt of carer’s benefit
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Health care staff – those employed by a registered care or nursing home, or registered domiciliary care provider
Flu Season is fast approaching and The Park Surgery are committed to providing our patients with a stress free experience!
NHS England has announced the authorised timescales for this year’s flu programme has been delayed to maximise and extend protection during the winter and through the period of greatest risk in December 2023 and early January 2024.
- From 1st September we will be able to offer Nasal flu vaccinations for 2-3-year-olds and children in clinical risk groups. Invitations and Self-Booking link will be sent by text. These clinics will commencing from 18th September.
- From 8th October we will commence vaccinating our Over 65s and Under 65s in clinical risk groups. Invitations and Self-Booking link will be sent by text or you can ring 07923 138998 between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm (after 4th September). You can also pop in and book your appointment at Reception
PLEASE DO NOT RING THE MAIN LINE.